Chicken, beans and cheese. A simple combination that results in a tasty, casserole-style enchilada bake. Growing up my family loved to make these enchiladas. They were an easy 30 minute-meal that made dinner during the week convenient.
Served with rice, a black bean corn salsa or fajita veggies, these enchiladas are easy to meal prep and reheat during the week. Frontera Green Enchilada sauce is the perfect combination of flavor and heat. It pairs perfectly with corn tortillas and is a staple when making enchiladas.
Makes 4 servings (2 enchiladas each)
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 lb. chicken breast, shredded or cubed
- 1 container salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 packages Frontera Green Enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch-by-12 inch pan with cooking spray
- In an Instant Pot combine chicken breast with salsa. Cover and set to Manual High for 10 minutes. You can also cube chicken into small pieces and cook on the stove if you don’t have an Instant Pot! In the end, you want cooked chicken to put inside the enchiladas. **
- In a bowl, combine diced chilis and black beans
- Take corn tortillas and wrap in paper towels. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds to soften.
- Open the enchilada sauce and pour some into the baking dish (enough to thinly cover the bottom)
- When chicken is done, remove from the Instant Pot. Using a hand mixer on low speed, shred chicken.
- Taking one corn tortillas, place a spoonful (~1 tablespoon) of the black bean and chili mixture
- Add a pinch of cheese and ~1 tablespoon of shredded chicken to the tortilla
- Roll the tortilla keeping the beans, cheese and chicken inside. Place seam down in the baking dish.
- Repeat steps 7-9 until the dish is full
- When the baking dish is full, pour the enchilada sauce over the top to cover the enchiladas
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes